Thursday, March 10, 2011

Couscous Turkey Tetrazzini (or something like it)

I'm cheating.

This isn't a Crock Pot recipe either (sorry!) but J and I made this the other night and we. are. obsessed. It all started with me pulling up my favorite All Recipes App on the iPad and browsing the slow cooker recipes (I had good intentions!) I saw one for Chicken Tetrazzini and showed it to J, who made me watch this hilarious video  (seriously, be prepared to laugh): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZxbKvD1YQ

Anyways, that brought me to researching other recipes for Turkey Tetrazzini (because we had ground turkey to use instead of chicken) and after reading a few, I was inspired to put together our very own :)

COUSCOUS TURKEY TETRAZZINI



Ingredients:
2 cups Couscous Grande
2 cups frozen peas
1.5 lb ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup flour
1 cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9x13" baking dish
2. Brown the ground turkey. Mix in chopped onion and garlic and let it simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Fill a small pan halfway with water and boil the Couscous until it is partly cooked (all the water should be absorbed).
4. In a medium pan, mix olive oil, flour, chicken broth, and milk. Bring to a simmer. Mix in 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
5. Once soup mix is simmering, pour in peas and turn heat off.
6. In the baking dish, pour in the turkey meat. Mix in couscous and soup mix.
7. Stir all ingredients together well! Layer the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese evenly across the top.
8. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.

I hope you enjoy it! J and I are obsessed... we have made it twice this week already! Hehe.

The next post will be back to Crock Pot recipes...promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment